Introduction to the Project
Interaction between faculty and student is a prerequisite to ensure the success of any learning environment, and to achieve its goals of conveying information and skills needed for students. Currently, there are some difficulties students face in acquiring skills and information inside the classrooms. For example, some of these difficulties are the larger class sizes and some aspects of the student’s personality, such as shyness, hesitation and the lack of self-confidence, which reduce the students’ interactions and participation in the classroom. On the other hand, faculty face difficulties in conveying information to students, for example; due to the lack of knowledge about their prior experiences and backgrounds. We should not also ignore some of the problems faculty encounter inside the classroom, such as the placement and progress of each student. For instance, faculty may have to hand out working papers to all students and then assesses the progress of each student individually, and this requires the faculty much time and great efforts which can be invested in other more beneficial functions and activities for students.
Due to technology advancement and availability, it has become necessary to be used for addressing the educational problems. One of the essential uses of technology is the creation of an interactive student-centered classrooms, in which the student is given time and space to participate and interact with the offered material. Moreover, faculty can invest the available technological aids for students’ assessment and placement. Thus, the idea of personal response systems (Clickers) grew out. It aims at integrating technology in education to create interactive faculty- student classrooms, so faculty can save time and effort, enhance the learning process and make it more fun and motivating.
The Project Goals
- Increasing student-faculty interaction inside the classrooms.
- Improving and enhancing student-faculty contact inside the classrooms.
- Making use of modern technology and activating it inside the classrooms in order to improve the process of teaching.
- Deploying a culture of using technology in education among the university faculty.
- Replacing paper-based assessment with automated interactive assessment to monitor students’ achievement and to improve quality.
- Increasing students’ understanding.
The Project Expected Outcomes
After completing this project and implementing it in reality, the following are expected:
- Identifying students’ strengths and weaknesses needed to improve the educational effectiveness of the college.
- Improving the educational process inside the classrooms through enhancing students' strengths and tackling weaknesses.
- Enhancing students’ motivation for learning and encouraging them to review what they are taught periodically.
- Motivating students to participate and interact inside the classrooms (active learning).
- Increasing students’ achievement.