Need help dealing with Blackboard?
The Center of Excellence in Learning and Teaching allows faculty members at King Saud University to form a contract with enrolled students to assist them in building their courses in the university’s Learning Management System “Blackboard.” The assistant’s role is to provide the Blackboard support for the instructor, such as uploading materials, creating discussion boards, and assignment submission folders.
How does it work?
- The course instructor introduces the program to currently enrolled students, sharing that a “Blackboard Assistant” slot is currently available for the course.
- Interested students would contact the instructor. One student would then be selected.
- The course instructor requests KSU’s IT Support to grant the student the online rights of a “Blackboard Assistant” (https://itsupport.ksu.edu.sa).
- The Center will train the nominated students on how to use LMS from an instructor’s perspective, covering modules on uploading lectures, creating assignments, and generating announcements to the Blackboard.
- Throughout the semester, the faculty member shares with the assistant the necessary files, announcements, and tools they wish to include on the course’s LMS page.
KSU Students – If you wish to join the Blackboard Assistant Program, please click here.